FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I request funds from my trust?
- You can send a completed distribution request form along with supporting documentation to Legacy via fax (888-552-0942), email (email@example.com) or regular mail. Legacy also offers a pre-paid Visa card that gives you access to a small amount of the funds in your trust without needing to call us.
Who should use the Legacy Enhancement Pooled Trust?
- An individual who has a disability and has received money from a legal settlement, divorce, or inheritance.
How do I request a disbursement?
- Complete and submit in its entirety the Disbursement Request Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember to include proper receipt or invoice documentation. Please follow the policies stated at the top of the form.
What expenses can the trust pay on my behalf?
- Items Purchased must be made for the sole benefit of the beneficiary only. Please see our list of allowed items.
What items are not permitted to be purchased?
- We have provided a list of items that are commonly restricted. These items are restricted because they may adversely affect your eligibility for government services or support.
How long will it take to make a payment?
- Please allow up to 5 working days for approval of fund distribution and up to another 4 days for delivery and processing.
Will the trust affect my SSI or Medicaid?
- No. Legacy’s trust documents have already been approved by Social Security (POMS) across the US
What happens to the funds in the trust when a beneficiary has passed away?
- Legacy differs from most Pooled Special Needs Trust companies: Legacy gives you an option to choose whether the funds in the trust will remain in the trust for the benefit of other disabled individuals within the trust OR choose to pay back the state (s) for Medicaid Services rendered. After payback to the state (s), should funds remain, Legacy allows you to name a beneficiary who would receive those funds.
Why choose Legacy?
- Our Technology: Legacy has developed processes with the client’s experience in mind. Clients can easily log in to our website to check their balances, which are reconciled daily. On the back end, we are able to track spending habits and distribution requests, allowing our team to offer budgeting guidance as needed.
- Dedicated Call Center: Our onsite team is ready to answer any questions that beneficiaries and their loved ones have.
- Easy Access: In addition to quick processing of distribution requests, we offer a prepaid debit card that gives clients instant access to a small amount of the funds in their trusts.
- Multilingual Staff: Our staff has the ability to provide friendly service in more than 150 spoken languages.